7 Aug 2012
Full-Time SharePoint Administrator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Monsanto has an opportunity available for a SharePoint Administrator on our Advanced Support and Delivery Team within the Global Infrastructure IT Organization. The SharePoint Administrator is responsible for providing technical support for the SharePoint environment including assessment and implementation of new capabilities, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of SharePoint technology to the business opportunities facing the company. The Administrator is challenged to work with architecture, application development, and other related teams to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives. This position will provide leadership during the development and enhancement of SharePoint systems including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation, while offering the highest reliability and system performance possible.
The position responsibilities include working with the Project Managers on preparing technical project plans and other team members to deliver projects. The team must adhere to existing procedures, standards, and best practices for maintaining a robust, highly available SharePoint platform while meeting the varying businesses requirements.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, integrate, and implement related application components, including front-end implementation, server-side implementation, and database integration.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, test plans and implementation plans.
- Assist with development and support of internal and external facing SharePoint site.
- Participate in the complete SharePoint SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), including analysis, design, code and testing of Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft technologies.
- Provide emergency support 7 days x 24 hours on an On-Call basis
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
- 2+ years of IT operation with strong understanding of SharePoint structures, theories, principles, and practices
- 3+ years of Microsoft SharePoint Administrative experience
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, Internet technologies, and standards
- Proficient understanding of SharePoint Operating platforms
Technical skills required:
- Windows SharePoint Services v3 (WSS 3.0)
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS 2007)
- IIS 6.0
- ASP 2.5
- .NET 3.0 and 3.5
- Windows Server 2003, 2008
- Microsoft Office 2003, 2007
- SQL Server 2005
Desired technical skills:
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010
- SQL Server 2008
How to Apply
270 total views, 2 today