Full-Time SharePoint Administrator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The SharePoint Administrator manages all aspects of the SharePoint environment, including design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and security of the portal. This position plays an integral part in the development of strategies for optimal use of SharePoint and other collaborative tools within the organization. Administrator must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly charged and fast paced environment.
- Quality Orientation
- Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Building Trust
- Facilitating Change
- Contributing to Team Success
- Managing Work
- Initiating Action
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
SHAREPOINT ADMINISTRATION 90%
1.1 Oversee the SharePoint Portal Server infrastructure, user access and application deployment – taking the lead role in implementing SharePoint. Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all web portal servers, equipment, and software related to SharePoint infrastructure
1.2 Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (Upgraded Versions, Third-Party Solutions, integration with additional Enterprise Systems).
1.3 Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections. Perform typical system administrative activities such as site creation, user training, backup, restore and issue resolution.
1.3.5 Promote and enforce governance model for migration and rollout of sites and content to the district SharePoint server. Insure all content, tagging, presentation, layout and documentation standards are followed to maintain a consistent look and feel to promote ease of usage by district staff.
1.4 Technical support of InfoPath forms, including communicating the location of form libraries, their purpose and workflows.
1.5 Coordinate with District groups in standardizing and optimizing the way data/information is stores and retrieved.
1.6 Work with IT Project Managers to design and develop solutions to address business needs and opportunities, and propose changes that would make the SharePoint environment a more effective solution. Examine requirements documents and create technical design documents, unit test, system test and implementation plans for small to complex projects.
1.7 Maintain and administer Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis; as well as perform as the SharePoint Subject Matter Expert (SME). Provide technical guidance to the team in the technologies related to the development and support of an Enterprise SharePoint environment (understanding relationship with active directory, SQL, IIS, etc).
1.8 Use judgment and creativity to design coding approach to meet requirements/specifications as provided by steering committee..
1.9 Maintain current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices and procedures for
SharePoint (MOSS 2007/SharePoint 2010) solutions.
MICROSOFT DEVELOPMENT 10%
1.1 Assist in other various projects utilizing other Microsoft technologies including SQL Server and Visual Studio to develop ETL processes and reports.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
EDUCATION and/ or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science) or equivalent work experience
- Three to Five years’ experience working with SharePoint Platform(with recent experience using MOSS 2007/SharePoint 2010) in an administrative capacity
- Expertise and experience with complex technical activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in a team-based development environment
- Technical creativity
- Comfortable working with unfamiliar technologies and willingness to learn new skills
- Strong understanding of MS SharePoint Architecture (MOSS 2007/SharePoint 2010)
- Development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.NET, Microsoft SQL Server, InfoPath, Workflow, Visual SourceSafe, SharePoint Designer, C#, Transact-SQL, SQL Integration Services, and SQL Reporting Services strongly desired
- Working knowledge of various web design/graphic design tools (Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle methods
- Knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Project applications
- Exposure to reporting tools such as Tableau and QlikView
- Extensive periods of sitting and keyboard/computer work
- Communicates in person, via email and over the phone
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization
- Collaborates with all departments and personnel across the district
How to Apply
552 total views, 3 today