Full-Time Sharepoint Designer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The work that led to our success in the global communications market taught us a lot about what it takes to keep getting better. One of the keys is giving people like you the technology and resources you need to transform ideas into reality. Which makes just about anything possible in Verizon’s world.
This Sharepoint Designer position is designed to specifically support Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) to oversee the maintenance of the Sharepoint site and designing advanced features as well as manage other aspects of the technical environment including project management of ad hoc projects, arranging procurement and installation of new software, hardware, and other technology, and manage the security and user permissions of the VDMS technical landscape.
• Support the maintenance of the Sharepoint site for the Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) Program Office
• Create new templates, tables, views, and policies in Sharepoint, as well as leverage advanced features to enable the program office team to collect, analyze and facilitate the distribution of data to the VDMS teams
• Utilize ReqPro to manage the software changes, and act as Release Manager and Configuration Manager for the VDMS organization
• System administrator for Clarity, which is the tool that will be used to manage the VDMS program
• Leverage a broad knowledge of software development and systems administration practices and serve as a subject matter resource for large-scale, complex programs and system implementations
• Daily monitoring of the environments, verify the availability and integrity of the software and other resources required to operate properly
• Support the on-boarding of new users into multiple platforms (ReqPro, IPM, Sharepoint, Clarity) and manage multiple Access Control Lists
• Facilitate training and development for the tools utilized in the VDMS Program Management Office
• Coordinate, produce and/or support metrics for performance and availability
• Manage change control process and notifications for the VDMS Program Management Office tool suite
• Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures are aligned with the corporate standards
• Ownership of supporting database that will be utilized to track issues and risks
• Coordinate and support status reporting processes and documentation for assigned threads
• Support the design and build of the VDMS center in Ashburn VA, which will require cross functional coordination with engineering, real estate, CTS, and desktop support
• Requires a minimum of an Associate’s Degree and 7+ years experience in a related discipline with strong Sharepoint designer experience
• Requires a broad range of skills within a professional discipline to effectively perform complex assignments; demands familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
• MBA Preferred ITIL and/or PMP Certification Preferred
How to Apply
480 total views, 3 today