Full-Time SharePoint Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Associate II Software Developer is responsible for developing software applications using sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with GM’s software development project methodology. The Associate II Software Developer will work hands-on writing code based on detailed requirements and system specifications. Developers may specialize in a particular software package or coding language. Development activities will include updating existing software and/or developing new programs to address a specific need or solve a particular business problem. This role will contribute to all development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies (e.g. Agile, Incremental, Spiral…), application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process.
1. Full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
2. Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages
3. Software testing and quality assurance
4. Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
5. Document software code and ensure that technical documentation i.e. configuration guides, install guides meet requirements
6. Integrate software with existing systems
7. Maintain standards compliance
8. Implement localization or globalization of software
9. Work closely with senior developers and software engineers to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
10. Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code/configuration
11. Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts, as needed
12. Develops technical specifications for COTS software and configures various products based on specifications. Interacts with COTS supplier technical teams to identify configuration requirements
- SharePoint Server 2007 and 2010 development experience in an environment using a full software development lifecycle approach
- Hands-on capability and experience in Microsoft .NET platforms and technologies (ASP.NET, general .NET development, Silverlight, XML/XSLT, IIS, BizTalk Server, MS CRM, Analysis Services, PerformancePoint Server, WCF, WPF, SQL Server 2005/2008, etc.)
- Experience using SharePoint Designer
- Experience with SharePoint Search and FAST Search
- Experience with Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET 4.0 framework
- Experience with workflow creation both out of the box and Designer
- Building and implementing Business Intelligence dashboards using Dashboard Designer
- Knowledge of Collaboration and Portal Technologies
- Experience using InfoPath, Forms Services, Excel Services, Search, Business Data Catalog and (WCF) Web Services in a variety of business environments
- Knowledge of role based Identity and Access Management, and LDAP/Active Directory authentication and group security as it applies to SharePoint
- Proficiency with design tools including Visio, Photoshop, and Word
- Experience managing code releases and deploying production ready software systems
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) development methodologies
- Proven ability to evaluate, design, develop and implement SharePoint based solutions focused on delivering business value in a cost effective manner
Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
4-6 years in the business environment
How to Apply
473 total views, 2 today